The Beginning of Camp Education Society
Camp Education Society was established in 1885 by few social workers from different walks of life. Among them were prominently, late Shri. Rajanna Lingoo Polas, the late Shri. Balkrishna Sayanna Motado and late Shri. Gangarambhau Mhaske. The efforts of these leading men were solemnly blessed by the great social leader the late Mahatma Phule. 1980-2002 was a period during which the Camp Education Society bloomed and flourished under the skillful guidance of Chairman Late Hon. Shri. Dr. Arvind B. Telang and Hon. Shri. W. D. Sancheti for over 2 decades. Camp Education Society has strength of over 15,000 students.
Camp Education Society was started with the sole motto, to provide higher education to the students. Thus, making India the land of highly qualified and skilled people.
Thus, a seed was sown for an evergreen tree of education, under the shade of which thousands of students are enriched with knowledge and wisdom ..
Lately we have been highly fortunate to be patronized by Hon. Dr Cyrus Poonawalla, for enabling us to upgrade our school with the latest equipment and teaching aids. We stand obliged to him and as a token of appreciation; the school will be renamed as Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla School and Junior College, from the upcoming academic year.